I’ve seen a number of interesting performances over the years.
“Interesting” can mean any number of things depending on the context: terrible, avant garde level creative, or down right weird. This performance is a blend of all three.
I imagine the story goes like this:
- Guy picks up guitar because he wants to be a star one day
- Guy is in and out of crappy high school garage bands, but can never find a drummer he gets along with
- Guy becomes a solo artist (just a hobby for now, because he still has to pay the bills by washing dishes and sweeping floors at a local pub)
- Guy is a terrible singer, so he needs to come up with a gimmick
- Guy hires his washing machine to perform with him
- They record “The Devil Went Down To Georgia”
- World Tour and Superstardom
I particularly love the fiddle solo … “Love” is an “Interesting” interpretation in this case.