The Armstrong Spallumcheen Chamber of Commerce has announced details of the 2017 Community Excellence Awards.
The board and staff will welcome business members and guests at Centennial Hall on May 13th as they present ‘Community Super Heroes’ – an evening of networking, presentations, entertainment, and refreshments.
“An event like this cannot happen without support,’ says Fran Stecyk, President Armstrong Spallumcheen Chamber of Commerce. “We are excited to have Twin Anchors Houseboats, Okanagan Spirits, TELUS, Chocoliro Finest Chocolate, Rossworn Henderson LLP and Imagine Words & Music on board as event sponsors.”
Photo of 2016 Community Excellence Awards courtesy of Photography by M
Ten awards will be presented that night:
* Rising Star Award Sponsor: Tekamar Mortgages Ltd.
* Micro Business of the Year Award Sponsor: VantageOne Credit Union
* Small Business of the Year Award Sponsor: Blackwell Building Movers
* Mid-Size Business of the Year Award Sponsor: Community Futures North Okanagan
* Corporate Business of the Year Award Sponsor: Hub International Barton Insurance
* Employee of the Year Award Sponsor: Shepherd’s Home Hardware
* Revitalization & Innovation Award Sponsor: Hytec – A Division of Kohler
* Hospitality & Tourism Award Sponsor: Township of Spallumcheen
* Organization of the Year Award Sponsor: Okanagan Restoration Services Ltd.
* Volunteer of the Year Award Sponsor: City of Armstrong
‘This event celebrates the best of our community,’ says Patti Noonan, Executive Director. ‘There are so many deserving businesses – many who have never been nominated. Make 2017 the year you nominate one of them.”
Winners will receive a unique award created by Final Touch as well as a celebratory gift basket filled with treats. Terroir Cheese, Lavina Estate Winery, Armstrong Asparagus and Fieldstone Organic have already confirmed their sponsorship of the gift baskets with others expected as the event draws near.
Those attending are encouraged to wear ‘super hero’ costumes or consider coming as an alter-ego or villain – prizes for will be given out.
Nomination forms are available through the Chamber of Commerce office and online at aschamber.com and on Facebook.
The deadline for nominations is April 28th at 4pm.
Tickets for the evening are $25 per person and are available at the chamber office or from board members. Seating is limited to 150 people.
For more information on sponsorship or the event email email@example.com