HBO continues to do a great job of making Game of Thrones fans froth at the mouth for the July 16th premiere of Season 7 – what a week it has been. First, they released a photo of Drogon, Daenerys enormous dragon. When we left the nearest at the end of season six she was on a boat, sailing toward Westeros to claim the Iron Throne, so it stands to reason that this battle is against the Lannister army.
Next, I read an article that suggested the pace of season seven would be much faster than any of the previous seasons. All the storylines are beginning to reach their respective peaks, and are now beginning to collide – ultimately resulting in many battles of epic proportions.
And now, the new trailer has been released. As usual, they have packed a ton of information into a minute and a half, and the GOT nerds rejoice – They also begin deconstructing and speculating. From the trailer we can glean:
- Cersei realizes that nobody likes her, and she’s surrounded by enemies.
- Daenerys returns to the family stronghold at Dragonstone, and plans her coup of the Iron Throne
- The Starks (and Ser Davaos) attempt to unite the North against the Night King
- Baelish is met with some serious aggression courtesy of Jon Snow in the Stark family crypt (does Jon finally figure out who he really is?)
- There is plenty of sex, violence, and dragons