Coldstream firefighters were quick to put out a brush/grass fire last evening in the 8800 block of Fitzmaurice Drive.
The fire was between two homes and was only discovered when the homeowners dog began barking outside and scratching on the home’s door.
Coldstream Fire Chief David Sturgeon says the resident used a garden hose on it until firefighters arrived to douse it completely.
It’s been determined the cause was a malfunction on a piece of hydro equipment.
A Hydro crew was called out to make repairs.