I’m not usually one to pass on recipes, but when you have access to something THIS good….this scrumptious….how can you resist?
My friends, I give you what could be the ultimate summer dessert – the Root Beer Float Pie!
We’ve all enjoyed a root beer float, yes? Well here it comes in pie form. And yes, it is glorious.
- One carton (8 ounces) frozen, reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup cold root beer
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- One package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- One graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Maraschino cherries (optional for topping)
- Set aside and refrigerate 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish. In large bowl, whisk the root beer, milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in half of the remaining whipped topping. Spread into graham cracker crust.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pie. Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Dollop (man, I love that word) reserved whipping topping over each serving; top with a maraschino cherry if desired. Yield: 8 servings
And….enjoy. But I KNOW you will. ~ Jason