Residents remain super focused on any smoke or flames they see, given the extreme fire danger.
Vernon Fire Rescue was called to south end of Okanagan Avenue just before 3 pm Thursday on a report of a grass fire.
Captain Mike Stoll says a man was mowing his grass, and started a small fire.
“It was more like a hay field than a house lawn. It probably just hit a rock or something, and the spark caused a small fire to start,” Stoll tells Kiss FM.
Stoll describes the fire as the “size of a cereal bowl.”
He says it had been put out by the time crews arrived.
Stoll says residents are being very vigilant in reporting fires.
“Any little sign of a fire and people are calling it in, and that’s a good thing,” adds the captain.