The provincial government has announced the wildfire-driven provincial state of emergency will expire at midnight tonight.
It was first declared on July 7, 2017, and extended four times over the nine weeks that followed.
The government is reminding people the wildfire season is not over.
It says firefighting crews will maintain a standard emergency response.
As of this morning, 153 are wildfires burning in B.C.
Eleven evacuation orders affecting approximately 3,152 individuals are still in effect along with 23 evacuation alerts affecting approximately 5,762 people.
During this wildfire season, approximately 65,000 people evacuated from their homes.
More than 11 thousand 700 square kilometres of land has burned, setting a record.
So far, the government has spent more than 510 million dollars fighting the fires.
The Province says it will continue to take every action necessary to respond to the ongoing wildfire situation and support the recovery of affected communities.
The Canadian Forces will be demobilizing personnel who have been assisting with response efforts this season.