Did you survive April Fool’s Day? It probably helped that this year’s edition fell on Easter Sunday and many of the pranksters were hunting for chocolate eggs.
That said, there was STILL an avalanche of pranks from some of your favorite companies as they attempted to pull a fun one on their customers. Here’s a rundown on some of yesterday’s best…
- Hostess pranked consumers by offering Chili Lime Burrito Twinkies. The golden yellow sponge cakes were supposedly filled with chili lime burrito meat.
- Energizer claimed the Peeps bunny was going to replace the Energizer Bunny
- Rita’s Italian Ice proposed the sale of a pizza-flavored icee
- Pop Tarts pranked customers by claiming to market Sriracha-flavored Pop Tarts
- KitKit supposedly tried to release an edible soap
- Head & Shoulders attempted to prank people with a new shampoo called Knees & Toes
- Heinz ‘released’ a fake chocolate mayonnaise, a creation made with free-range eggs and the finest Belgian dark chocolate.