Vernon has made the list of the 20 most romantic cities in Canada, coming in 18th.
Victoria took the title for the 6th year in a row in the list complied by Amazon Canada while Abbotsford was number 2, and Whitehorse third.
The ranking is based on sales of romance novels, romantic comedies, relationship books, jewellery and sexual wellness products.
While eight BC cities are in the top 20, Vernon was the only Okanagan city to make the list.
This year, the Top 20 Most Romantic Cities in Canada are:
1. Victoria, British Columbia
2. Abbotsford, British Columbia
3. Whitehorse, Yukon (new)
4. Courtenay, British Columbia (new)
5. Fort McMurray, Alberta (new)
6. Spruce Grove, Alberta (new)
7. North Vancouver, British Columbia
8. Sherwood Park, Alberta (new)
9. Surrey, British Columbia (new)
10. Nanaimo, British Columbia
11. Lasalle, Quebec (new)
12. Waterloo, Ontario
13. Prince George, British Columbia
14. La Prairie, Quebec (new)
15. Grand Prairie, Alberta
16. Airdrie, Alberta (new)
17. Welland, Ontario (new)
18. Vernon, British Columbia (new)
19. North Bay, Ontario
20. Dartmouth, Nova Scotia (new)
A closer look at the data revealed:
· Goddess of Love: In addition to taking the top spot, Victoria also earns bragging rights for being number one in the categories of relationship books, romance books and romantic comedies.
· The New Romantics: There are some new cities on this year’s list, twelve to be exact, vying for that number one spot. First time romantic cities hail from Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, Quebec, Ontario and Nova Scotia.
· Big Hearts in the West: The west was surely stung by cupid’s arrow with nine of the top ten cities being from the two most western provinces.
· Whitehorse Charges into the Top Three: For the first time ever, a Canadian territory not only makes the list, but takes the number three spot.
· Canada’s Love Interests: 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman, Pretty Woman starring Richard Gere and Julia Roberts, and Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by Sue Johnson were among the bestsellers in the relationship books, romance books, and romantic movies categories.
· Beyond the Top 20: Five provinces didn’t get a rose this time around and had no cities place in the top 20, but we still wanted to honour the cities that placed first in each of these five areas: Brandon, Manitoba, Fredericton, New Brunswick, St. John’s, Newfoundland, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, and Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.