An unattended candle gets the blame for a fire in a Kelowna duplex early this morning that sent one person to hospital.
Firefighters were called at 12:17 to the building in the 1300 block of Bernard Avenue to find about 15 feet of flames shooting out the rear of the 2nd floor.
They were able to quickly knock it down but not before heavy damage to the interior and roof.
A male was taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Nine other people, including an infant along with a cat and a dog made it out safely