So it’s been on 1075 Beach Radio News that we’re now in peak mosquito season. But did you know that scientists are now saying that mosquitoes know who you are and they’re coming for you! Virginia Tech Researchers did a study and found that mosquitoes can not only remember a person’s smell, but they can remember how you treated them. They say it means that if you swatted at a mosquito, it can remember your smell and the sweat and know to avoid you in the future. LOL! Personally I’ve swatted mosquitoes several times but they keep coming back for more. Ahhhhhhh! Ha Ha.
Photo Credit: ABC13 Houston
Here’s an idea that looks interesting for getting rid of the pests:
And there there’s this idea:
Want to take our mosquito quiz? Have a look:
1. A group of mosquitoes is called a _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
2. “The Mosquito” is a song from what famous 60’s band. Hint: Val Kilmer starred in a movie about the band.
3. “The Mosquito Coast” starred what famous Star Wars actor?
4. The word mosquito is spanish for _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ . (2 words)
5. What method do you find works the best to fight off the pesky buggers?
Photo Credit: Digital Vision/Getty Images
Here’s to a mosquito free zone for you this weekend!