We’re looking for your creative ideas for pumpkin. Maybe you have pumkin leftovers from the Thanksgiving weekend, or perhaps you just got your pumpkin for Halloween, which is three weeks from today! We hope you’ll share your ideas, photos & more. These are pumpkins that my daughters carved or painted for Halloween last year.
1075 Beach Radio listener and texter Susan Steele shared “I smashed my pumpkins and put the pieces on strings hanging from the trees for the birds. Also, with those battery operated candles the pumpkin doesn’t get all black from the candles for Halloween time”.
Photo by Melanie O’Hara
Got your pumpkin over the weekend? If you were to carve a pumpkin right now what/who would it look like? Looking for your pumpkin ideas/recipe RESPOND BELOW!~Melanie O'Hara~🎃☺😃☺🎃
Posted by 107.5 Beach Radio on Wednesday, October 10, 2018
It was great to get out and pick out some pumpkins over the Thanksgiving weekend!
A few pumpkin facts from medicalnewstoday.com:
- The potassium contained within pumpkins can have a positive effect on blood pressure.
- The antioxidants in pumpkin could help prevent degenerative damage to the eyes.
- Avoid canned pumpkin pie mix, as it typically contains added sugars and syrups.
- Uncut pumpkins should be stored in a cool, dark place for up to 2 months.
- Pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin can be used as a replacement for butter or oil in baking recipes.
For more facts from medicalnewstoday.com, click HERE
Can you name a movie with a pumpkin in it? This song “The Ballad Of Peter Pumpkinhead” was featured in a famous 90’s movie. Do you know the movie?
Video from youtube
Thanks to 1075 Beach Radio Facebooker Steve Gosselin for sharing he and his daughter’s carved pumpkin of “Maleficent”.
TALK or TEXT 250-545-7557, use the new BEACH RADIO APP, Facebook, Instagram, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Twitter