Kelowna residents have 12 locations to vote on election day Saturday.
Four people are running for mayor, 21 for the 8 councillor positions, and four for school trustee, all being elected to four year terms.
The final advance poll is on until 8 tonight at the Parkinson Rec Centre.
“We encourage all eligible residents to have their say and come out to vote at any of the 12 voting locations,” says Chief Election Officer Karen Needham. “As of noon today 8,049 electors have already cast their ballots during advance voting. We’ve seen a strong voter turnout to date, and hope Kelowna continues to show its strength in numbers on General Voting Day.”
There are 97,999 eligible voters in Kelowna.
On Saturday, voters can go to any General Voting Day location of their choosing:
· City Hall, 1435 Water Street
· Capital News Centre, 4105 Gordon Drive
· Dr. Knox Middle School, 121 Drysdale Boulevard
· East Kelowna Hall, 2704 East Kelowna Road
· Evangel Church, 3261 Gordon Drive
· Hollywood Education Centre, 1040 Hollywood Road
· Okanagan Mission Hall, 4409 Lakeshore Road
· Orchard Park Mall, Pear Court, 2271 Harvey Avenue (*poll closes at 6.p.m.)
· Parkinson Recreation Centre, 1800 Parkinson Way
· Rutland Senior Secondary, 705 Rutland Road N
· Springvalley Middle School, 350 Ziprick Road
· Watson Road Elementary, 475 Yates Road
Polls are open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., with the exception of Orchard Park Mall which closes at 6 p.m.
Designated voter parking will be available at both the City Hall and Parkinson Recreation locations. All voting locations are accessible to all electors, including a voter assist terminal at Parkinson Recreation Centre.
To be eligible to vote in Kelowna you must have lived in Kelowna for at least 30 days and B.C. for six months, be 18 years or older and a Canadian citizen.
Voter registration is done at the voting location where you decide to vote. You will need to bring two pieces of ID that prove your identity and Kelowna residency. One must have your signature and one with your address to prove you live in Kelowna.
Watch the election results come in online after polls close on Oct. 20 at kelowna.ca/election.