What are you afraid of?
Government corruption was the number one thing that scared people in a survey of Americans’ fears by California’s Chapman University, with 73.6 percent of those surveyed saying they were either afraid or very afraid of it.
Think that’s odd? It’s been the number one fear for 4 years in a row, and Americans are also getting more scared in general. Only two of the top 10 fears scared more than 40 percent of Americans in 2016, but all the top 10 fears in this years survey scared more than half of Americans.
Here are the top 10:
- Corruption of government officials — 74%
- Pollution of oceans, rivers and lakes — 62%
- Pollution of drinking water — 61%
- Not having enough money for the future — 57%
- People I love becoming seriously ill — 57%
- People I love dying — 56%
- Air pollution – 55%
- Extinction of plant and animal species — 54%
- Global warming and climate change — 53%
- High medical bills — 53%