At approximately 4:30 Christmas afternoon, the Kelowna Fire Department responded to alarms at 540 Rosemead Ave.
The initial attack crew forced entry into an apartment on the fourth floor and found a pot had been left on the stove.
There were no injuries and the occupant of the apartment was not home at the time.
Very minor damage to the apartment. The cause of the fire is accidental.
The Kelowna Fire Department would like to remind the public to ensure that stoves and ovens are not left unattended while cooking and that working smoke alarms save lives.